The competitor must complete an elegant bridal look that focuses on a “Classic Bridal” look. Hair may be short or long, styled as an up‐do or down. The degree of difficulty in achieving the final hairstyle and make‐up will be considered as part of the judging.
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2020
Check-In Time: 10:00am
Overall Competition Time: 1 hour 30 min
Theme: Le Fleur (The Flower)
Additional scheduling information will become available prior to the competition.
- Individual makeup artist entry.
- One model per entry.
- Once the time is called, you may not touch your model in any way until you are told to set props and pose your model. You will have 5 minutes to do this. (Penalty 5 Points)
- Hair may be pre‐set and pre‐styled (finished) at the start of competition; however, completing hair within the 1 hour 45 min time period can earn the competitor up to a total of 10 extra credit points.
- Prosthetic appliances are not allowed.
- Full wigs or full hairpieces are not allowed. (Penalty 11 Points)
- Ornaments, accessories or hairpieces must not cover more than 1/3 of the head and can be created ahead of time. (Penalty 11 Points)
- Make‐up must be done during the contest time. (Penalty 11 Points)
- Model can arrive in costume and have nails complete if the model arrives out of costume the dressing time will have to occur within the ninety (90) min competition time.
- No talking to spectators. (Penalty 2 Points)
HOW YOUR WORK WILL BE JUDGED
All decisions made by the competitions are FINAL.
- Competitors’ make-up will be judged based on the following criteria: creations of a “Classic Bridal” look.
- The competition will be judged on design, application technique, and use of color and overall presentation. Also, hair will also be judged and can earn a competitor up to ten (10) extra credit points.
- Each criterion will be worth a possible 10 points, with a score of one being the lowest and ten being the highest.
- Costumes will be judged.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded in each themed category.