Kelvin Myers, an imaginative talent with international reach, has mastered makeup artistry and is the sole Creator of the quickly spreading phenomenon, the “KM Experience.” Using faces as his canvas, this artist is at the top of his game and his claim to fame is enhancing the looks of classic beauties.
A native of Sumter, SC, Myers was heavily influenced by his mother, a licensed cosmetologist, who had dreams of her own to become a fashion designer. In an effort to grow her dream, the family would often produce fashion shows around town. Mrs. Myers had no idea at the time, but she was fueling her son’s passion for the creative arts. Myers relocated to Atlanta to attend DeVry University in pursuit of a career as a Transmission Engineer in telecommunications; It was there that he met and became quick friends with a female impersonator. As the friendship flourished, Myers began attending a variety of dramatic showcases and pageants that further sparked his simmering thirst for creativity. This friendship led him to his new creative outlet. Myers began learning makeup and transforming faces behind the scenes, little did he know…the groundwork for a far larger master plan was in the works. His love and fascination of theatrical productions never died, and before he knew it, makeup artistry had become a full time career.
Fast-forward a few years and a small thousand faces later, Myers’ professional resume boasts of experience with Fortune 500 companies, National Editorials and stop short of nothing less than a nomination for Best Make-up artist by the Atlanta Fashion Community.
This future philanthropist understands that to reap is to sow, thus, Myers is also working to make a difference in his community. He currently volunteers with the Hopewell Baptist Church Ministry “Pamper for Peace” program with goals of uplifting and building self-esteem for victims of domestic violence and recovering drug addicts. In addition, Myers volunteers for H.E.R.O. for children, an organization that aims to provide quality resources for children infected/affected by the AIDS virus. Myers’ commitment to this cause led him to produce a show, Freedom and Fantasy, www.freedomandfantasy.com to raise funds for the H.E.R.O. organization (2011, 2012). The production featured recording artists The Braxton Sisters and included the talent of several of he H.E.R.O. participants. His hope was that the production not only brought awareness to the program and raised funds, but to also introduce the children to possible career aspirations in the creative arts and production fields.
Mr. Myers is available to travel to location, independent studio work and one-on-one consultations. He offers classes for aspiring makeup artists and women seeking to master their own faces quarterly. Please view the portfolio tab where you are guaranteed to be amazed and inspired. Thank you for reading.
- Paula Dorf-Regional Makeup-Artist/Trainer
- Bobbi Brown-Resident Makeup Artist/Product Specialist
- M.A.C.- Product Specialist/Certified artist for beauty/editorial/fashion/TV-Media
- Smashbox-Area Artistry Trainer
- Creator/Developer of the KM Black Velvet Powder Puff
- Exquisite Brides and Weddings
- Black Hair
- Sophisticate’s Black Hair and Care Guide
- Rolling Out Magazine
- Teen Vogue
- Bronner Brothers Barber Battle: Barber in Wonderland production, Key makeup artist 2008
- “Cirque,” Bronner Brothers Hair Battle Royale winner, Producer/Coordinator/Key Makeup artist
- Walt Disney’s Live Production of The Lion King (Gazelle Tour), Costume Makeup Artist
- Elaine Sterling Institute of Aesthetics, Guest Speaker;Makeup Educator
- Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology, Consultant
- Atlanta area News Anchors Karen Grier and Monica Kauffman-Pearson
- Recording Artists Ludacris, Joi, Jazze Pha, Shawty Lo and Kandi Burruss
- Album Covers of Recording Artists Regina Bell, Byron Cage, Slim formerly of 112 and Arrested Development
- The Braxton Family Values, Principal Makeup Artist 2012-Present
- Creme of Nature National ads and campaigns, Principal Makeup Artist 2011-Present
- Nameste Hair Care Products National ads and campaigns, Principal Makeup artist
- Real Housewives of Atlanta (Phaedra Parks, Porsha Williams)
- Married to Medicine (Dr. Jackie Walters, Quad Webb Lunsford)
- Tyler Perry’s Have and the Have Nots, Day Player